CARE GUIDE & WARRANTY
Fine LAIR leather accessories, made by a small, specialised team in Newcastle, Australia are the result of ritualised design, consistency & craftsmanship.
Using only leathers sourced from reputable European tanneries, the materials used to construct our collection of clothing and accessories are of great integrity. Keep in mind that our products are in fact organic article, and need regular upkeep to extend the life of the bag, belt or other leather design.
CARING FOR YOUR LEATHER PRODUCT
- Remove dirt build-up by wiping down with a cleaner made specifically for the leather in question.
- Leather conditioner is essentially a moisturizer for your leather, which will dry out over time. The oils in your skin act as a conditioner, but for further aid, dab a dollop of conditioner on a soft cloth and rub gently all over. Allow to dry before use.
- Leather is permeable and can never be entirely waterproof, so avoid toting your leather goods in bad weather. Nonetheless, there are beeswax creams which function as a barrier against water. Be wary - beeswax may alter the hue of dyed leather, so test first on an inconspicuous corner. Another alternative is a spray protectant, which is virtually invisible on your bags.
- Avoid scraping the bag on a hard surface, habitually bumping the bag on the side of your body, or snagging the strap, as this may compromise the leather surface and/or hardware.
Everyday use of your leather article will wear it out in time, this is a sure fact. We like to see our leather pieces as an organic product, and it will wear over time as such. We encourage you to see the lifeline of our accessories as a beautiful evolution, just like a quality pair of jeans, or your favourite leather boots.
- 6 month warranty on leather
In the rare event that you have a defect in material (i.e. Leather or fur) that will affect the structural integrity of the product within 6 months of purchase, we will repair the product to the best of our ability, to optimise its lifeline. If the issue is unrepairable we will replace upon careful analysis of the product. This excludes general wear & tear from the customer. Postage cost will be incurred by The Lair, unless damage is customer incurred.
- 12 month warranty on craftsmanship & hardware
In the rare event that you have a defect in craftsmanship or structural integrity of the hardware within 12 months of purchase, we will repair the product to the best of our ability, to optimize its lifeline. If the issue is unrepairable we will replace either the section (i.e. handbag strap) or full product upon careful analysis. This again excludes general wear & tear from the customer. Postage cost will be incurred by The Lair, unless damage is customer incurred.